Thursday, June 01, 2006

Poppies and blogging



It's June first and I have had a great time gardening over the weekend. I am posting this picture of poppies, extravagantly blooming in my yard, mostly volunteers, as an homage to Susan Larochelle at ArtEsprit. Her paintings over the winter of poppies are a marvel. Gallery owner and talented painter and teacher, mother and regular blogger. An inspirational friend met through blogging.

Speaking of blogging, it is approaching the 6 month mark since Modern Table Art began. I have to say it has been an eye opening journey. Reading blogs, writing them and sharing comments has opened my world enormously. Living in the country is no longer an isolating experience. Here's to the next 6 months.

technorati tags: , ,

3 comments:

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Congratulations on six months! I am glad to know you (and Susan) ...amazing how this blog community can connect people and allow friendships to grow!
Your poppies would do well here in the south of France, there are fields and fields of them!

Greenjeans said...

I LOVE poppies, and those are SUBLIME!! I fell in love with them not in the South of France but in the Loire Valley some 10 years ago. Coming around a corner on my rented bike, a huge field of them all covered in dew and lit up in the sun made me nearly careen into a stone wall... I've been smitten ever since. Thank you for sharing this picture!

(PS - Sorry I didn't call you back. Crazy week. I'll try again tomorrow. I'm home today, first day off in about a month!)

- Amy

Susan Schwake said...

ah Mary Ann! Thank you! I am honored... I just planted today, infact, POPPIES!
We have only had the house for a year so working on the garden has been such a joy...
And you are inspriational too.
lovely photo and lovely blog!

here's to the next 6 months!