Monday, September 25, 2006

Making lots of pots...






I haven't posted in almost a month. Partly that is because I have been up to my eyeballs in a huge project. With the help of Rachell Sebell, Liz McIlvaine, Sandy and Carolyn Beer, davistudio has been working 18 hours a day for the past 7 weeks making almost 3000 pieces of porcelain, one at a time, for a resort in the Carribean. The project is for a restaraunt called Zurra and it is on the island of Anguilla. Bob and Melinda Blanchard found the studio through the web and asked me to do this monumental task early in the summer.

I am almost done and finally have a moment to post about it. I am including a couple of process shots here.

7 comments:

Susan Schwake said...

hooray!
photos... i have been watching closely for developements. oh my oh my are they beautiful and bountiful.
lovely maryann. thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Oh my -- what an enormous undertaking! How nice it would be to eat in a restaurant in the Caribbean off of those pieces.

I love seeing process photos.

Greenjeans said...

Holy slipcasting, batman! What beautiful dishes you're making! How lucky those diners will be at that resort to eat off your wonderful pieces. Looks like things are almost done...? Hang in there!!

- Amy

diana fayt said...

i feel honored to have seen the actual production in person. your photos look great and congrats on almost being finished. oh, and i love MY new cups. thanks! XO

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Wonderful, the resort is going to love your artwork! What a gigantic project, you must dream clay and blue!!

Susan Schwake said...

i had to come back and look at that link... the dishes match the island so well. amy is right, the diners there as so lucky to have your work to eat off of!

Carol said...

Finished eating at Zurra's for the 2nd time this week. I had to rush back to our condo to look up your website. The variations of blues in the plate settings is fabulous! The food is extraordinary--obviously enhanced by the dinnerware. The coordinating glassware is perfect. I hope the Blanchards are arranging for a lengthy stay at the St. Regis for you when more of the property is finished.