Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Blogging potters

I am trying to be in touch with other potters who have taken the leap into the blogsphere. I have a new catagory on my links column "blogging potters". I have 3 so far, and I know there are a few more than that, so if you are a potter or know one who is currently blogging regularly, let me know. I will post a link on my side bar.

I like the idea of guilds, of ways for artists to organize, know each other, share inspiration, ideas, resources and such. A kind of open source community for the arts, specifically here, perhaps, for the ceramically inclined.

Historically, potters have been a somewhat low key group, often keeping studio discoveries, glaze and clay formulas and other epiphanies derived from hours of scrupulous work, a bit close to the vest. I hope the 21st century might evolve us into a more open group more inclined to sharing knowledge, which can move the entire process forward.

I love looking at these potters blogs. It is exciting to have a glimpse into the fresh work of other artists, hot out of the kiln, so to speak and to glimpse the ideas and sentiments which inspire us all to move forward.

technorati tags: , , , ,

3 comments:

coe&waito said...

Thanks for mentioning coe&waito. We also love to see other potter's blogs. It's so great to be able to connect with other ceramics people around the world.
-carly

Greenjeans said...

Just came across this blogging potter:

http://www.ayumihorie.com/potsinaction.html

Good stuff!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm a potter with a blog! http://lilflowerdesign.livejournal.com/

I run LittleFlowerDesigns.com and post about what I'm making, I love the idea of a list of blogging potters - they are so hard to find...
Best!
Linda