Saturday, March 25, 2006

Mommy week

Well, this week has been a little more hectic than usual, because my normally incredibly healthy 10 year old got a stomach virus and was home from school for 3 days. No blogging, very little pottery AND I stayed home from a peace planning meeting at the UN! I was able to conference in, but hey. I realized, without a doubt or heitation, my priority is my son and my family. No matter how "important" all my extra-curricular activity seems, my boy, my husband, my home and my community are my top priority. Only when everyone is healthy can I leave town for anything.

I take a great deal of comfort in this decision, because it shows me that there are some very clear choices in life. Relationships are at the top of the list and especially our kids. They are the future and their well being is priority one. A little different than how I grew up, but hey, nobody's perfect and better late than never...

Pictures of new work next week, when I glaze and load the kiln!
ps- The New York Times called yesterday....I'll keep you posted ;-)

5 comments:

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Staying home with yout son is the best vote towards peace in the world. If more people simply stood by one another (by being there for their children)our world would be in a different place.
Like the song says: Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me. Thank you for reminding us what is important in life.

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Let their be peace on earth and let it begin with me. Your decision to stay home and "be" with your son, is the stongest vote for peace in the world. If more people gave of themselves our world would be a different place.

Greenjeans said...

It's good to get a hiatus from projects sometimes because when you get back to them your mind is fresh. Or so goes the theory! I hope Gabe's feeling better now, poor guy.

I love the new picture of your studio here. Still want to make that work on our blog too. Park Slope is beginning to fill with forsythia and pear blossoms. My eyes are craving that vivid spring green of new leaves... Soon!!

- Amy

Susan Schwake said...

Oh mary ann, I am so sorry to hear the illness news...we had that going around here too. Not pretty and it hit hard. we make our choices and have to live with them later. I never regret spending a day or week at home with my children for any reason.
Our children are the future for peace. Can't wait to see the kiln opening/loading and
NY Times, whoo hoo.
sending healing thoughts your way.
xo
susan

Anonymous said...

Also, Oma and Grampa sent a birthday gift today. Happy birthday
Gabe.
Stay well and do good works, Oma and Grampa