Saturday, August 30, 2008

bespoke manufacturing is the holy grail



I have been reading this blog post on and off for the past couple of weeks. Zeroinfluencer aka David Bousola is an interesting thinker working in branding world, writing some very good stuff on his blog.

The plate above is the product of a bit of light play - Amrita at Tinku Gallery in Toronto sent me a picture of her very cool spotted walls and I made a plate sample, pink dots on taupe. I like it. It is a combo I might not of thought of but now I think I will make a big one. What I see is thought flow. Her bathroom, sparks my thought, I can make a quick sample, like it, make again, bigger. Bespoken manufacturing. I posted here earlier about bespoken dinnerware, and the phrase is coming up again, a new meme? Hope so. I think custom lends itself to smaller, cleaner, friendlier more wanted, more necessary, more love...

Isn't that what we are all wanting a bit more of in the world??

technorati tags: , ,

No comments: